Yes. This is right ladies and gents. As I was doing some research for my fashion history paper (1970s cosmetics and hairstyles) I have noticed such a resemblance!
- Nude lip/ gloss
- Shimmery eyeshadow on lids
- Start to use gel blush rather than powder
- Cat eye
- Lengthening mascara, not volumizing
- Luminescent glow
- Natural skin-like finish
- Against matte full coverage
- Nude lips, still with color, but notice all of the browns!?
- Shimmer shimmer shimmer (and mattes, but look at all the glitter!)
- Cream blushes to create “natural” tone to the face
- Wing wing wing
- False lashes or no lashes (non-dramatic)
- Highlight/ strobe to give dewy look
- Serum, light-weight foundations
- Against matte finish
I found these similarities interesting because not only are the fashion styles coming back (bell bottoms, crochet tops, wide sleeves, etc.) their ideology behind cosmetics and application is too!